Report an Incident


Report Concerning Behavior

Anyone can submit a report outlining their concern for a student. This form is for reporting a concern about a current Oklahoma State University student and should only include objective, observable, and factual information. We ask that you avoid labels, stereotypes, and reporting based on hearsay or mere assumptions.

Reporting an Allegation of Student Code of Conduct

It is OSU's expectation that students, faculty and staff will report all violations of which they become aware. If you need assistance determining how or to whom an incident should be reported, contact Student Conduct Education and Administration.

A "complaint" is an official report to the university alleging that an OSU student has violated the Student Code of Conduct. To submit a report of any concerning behavior or to allege that the Student Code of Conduct has been violated, submit a complaint online. You will be required to enter your Okstate credintials to access the form. If you do not have Okstate credintials and would like to file a complaint contact 405-744-5470. Provide as much detail as possible in your complaint, giving dates and times of events and a detailed description of what has occurred. If other people observed what happened or are familiar with the situation, you may also complete a  Witness Statement. Once your complaint has been received, Student Conduct will contact you and begin an investigation into the situation. Annoumous complaints do not allow for follow up and therefore should not be submitted. 

As outlined in the Student Code of Conduct, section III, letter A, number 1:


  1. Any member of the university community (faculty, staff or student) or any person who is unaffiliated with the university who has knowledge of an alleged violation of the Student Code of Conduct may file a complaint against a student alleging that a violation of the Student Code of Conduct has occurred. The university may itself initiate a complaint.    
  2. Such complaint should be filed with Student Conduct Education and Administration as soon as possible but within 180 calendar days (not university business days) of the alleged violation. A late complaint may be accepted with the approval of the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Coordinator of Student Conduct Education and Administration or their designee.
  3. The complaint must be submitted via approved online form and electronically signed by appropriate technical method.
  4. Complaints may be initiated for incidents where concurrent criminal charges are pending. The university may adjudicate incidents without regard to either pending civil litigation or criminal prosecution. University conduct proceedings may proceed before, during or after court proceedings.

Title IX Report for Mandated Reporters

All university employees that are not confidential reporters (victim advocates, counselors, medical providers) are required to report when students, employees, or visitors disclose an incident covered by Title IX. The following report should be completed. After Student Conduct recieves this report the impacted student will recieve an email with resources and options available to them. If you have questions please call 405-744-5470.

Consider Reporting This Situation To The Police

If you believe that someone's behavior violated the law, you are encouraged to report the situation to the appropriate law enforcement agency. The OSU Police department has jurisdiction to investigate and respond to allegations of criminal misconduct that occur on campus. The Stillwater Police respond to situations that are off campus but within the municipal city limits of Stillwater. Other area law enforcement agencies include the Payne County Sheriff's Office, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, and the Payne County District Attorney's Office.

At your request, Student Conduct will assist you in reporting to the appropriate law enforcement agency. It is important to note that it is not required that you report a situation to the police in order for the university to investigate and respond to a situation.

Slideshow Title: 
Report an Incident
Slideshow Subtitle: 
You may submit a report to the university alleging that an OSU student has violated the Student Code of Conduct.
Slideshow Image: